There have recently been a number of increases for the sign-up bonus offers of many co-branded airline credit cards. So I decided to collect the best offers for the major airline miles programs available right now. Some of these are limited time and some of these are going to be disappearing simply because of airline mergers (like in the case of the US Airways credit card disappearing soon).
Signing up for airline credit cards is one of the fastest way to rack up a bunch of miles and start planning a trip. In this post, I am going to focus on some of the better offers specifically for airlines credit cards. Other than miles, co-branded credit cards can offer a number of benefits like free checked bags, priority boarding, better award seat availability, companion passes, etc. I personally take advantage of many of these. I’ve also collected some of my helpful posts to give ideas for using the miles and how to stretch the value from each program!
(In the interest of full disclosure, some of the links below earn me a commission for successful applications through my site. I always strive to provide the best and most honest advice regardless of commission. You don’t have to use my links, but if you choose to, thank you very much for your support!)
This offer has expired.
This offer is limited time, but I don’t know the exact date it will actually end. The current sign-up bonus is 50,000 United Airlines miles after spending $2000 within 3 months and a $50 statement credit after first purchase. You receive an extra 5,000 points for adding an authorized user.
The United Airlines credit card offers a free first checked bag, priority boarding, 2 United Club passes per year, better access to award seats on United Airlines, no foreign transaction fees and 10,000 bonus miles after spending $25,000 within a calendar year. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
- Visiting Multiple European Cities On a Single United Airlines Award Ticket
- Maximizing United Miles: An Award to Asia and Free Long Stop in Hawaii
- How to Add Free One-Way Trips On United Airlines Awards
Application Link: US Airways Premier World MasterCard
The US Airways credit card will no longer be available to new applicants at some point in either 2014 or early 2015 once US Airways and American Airlines merge. Those who get in on the offer will be converted to American Airlines credit cards issued by Barclays bank and the miles will become American Airlines miles.
The current sign-up bonus is 40,000 US Airways miles after first purchase plus a Companion Certificate to bring along two additional passengers for $99 each on a paid ticket of at least $250. The benefits will be changing once the card converts to an American Airlines credit card, but for now the card offers free checked bags and 5000 miles off award tickets booked on US Airways flights.
- Using the US Airways Companion Certificate to Fly Two Additional Passengers for $99 Each!
- What Will Happen to US Airways Miles and Credit Card with the Merger?
- How to Fly to Easter Island with US Airways Miles
- A Round-Trip to the Caribbean Plus a Free One-Way from 30,000 US Airways Miles Total
- Visiting the Caribbean with a Free Stopover with US Airways Dividend Miles
Application Link: Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®
The current sign-up bonus is 50,000 bonus American Airlines miles after spending $3000 within 3 months. It also offers a free checked bag, Group 1 boarding, access to Reduced Mileage Awards, 10% rebate on redeemed American Airlines miles up to 10,000 a year. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
- American Airlines AAdvantage Off-Peak Award Chart
- The AA Award Map: Search Award Availability to Every City in Europe
- The Trick to Create American Airlines Off-Peak Award Pricing to the Middle East And Save 30,000 Miles
Application Link: Chase British Airways Visa Signature® Card
The British Airways Visa signature card is offering 50,000 bonus Avios after you make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. The card has a $95 annual fee.
- How to Fly to Canada from 4,500 British Airways Miles Each Way!
- Booking Business Class to Germany for 40,000 British Airways Miles Each Way
- How to Visit the Caribbean from 4,500 British Airways Avios Each Way!
- How to Redeem British Airways Miles on American Airlines FlightsWest Coast to Hawaii for 12,500 British Airways Avios Each Way!
- Redeeming British Airways Miles on Alaska Airlines Flights
This offer has expired.
This is a limited time offer until September 8.
The sign-up bonuses is 50,000 miles after spending $1000 within the first 3 months. It also comes with a $50 statement credit after your first Delta purchase made within 3 months. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year. The card also offer priority boarding and first checked bag free.
My review of the card: Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express Sign-Up Bonus Now 50,000 Miles