I learned from View from the Wing that there is a great new 100,000 miles sign-up bonus for the Citi Executive American Airlines. I’ve written quite a few posts on redeeming American Airlines miles and find them valuable. With that in mind, 100,000 miles can go a long way toward earning free flights all over the world.
That said, this 100,000 miles is not extremely easy to earn and this particular offer may not be right for everyone. The spending requirement is $10,000 within 3 months of account opening and the card comes with a $450 annual fee. That’s quite a large spending requirement and annual fee, but there are a few benefits to offset the two:
- $200 in statement credits on purchases within 12 months of account opening.
- Admiral’s Club membership for American Airlines lounges.
- Priority Boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases.
- Your first eligible checked bag is free
- Earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles after spending $40,000 in purchases each calendar year.
(In the interest of full disclosure, the link for this card is not my personal affiliate link and I do not earn a commission. Although I always write about the best offer I can find regardless of commission, I cannot personally guarantee the terms. I would take screenshots before applying in case there is any discrepancy later on.)
Although it doesn’t make sense to put much spending on the card after meeting the initial spending requirement given the card only offers 1 mile per dollar on base spending, the 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles may be a good way to boost your way to AAdvantage Elite status. I am currently Platinum Elite with American Airlines and will need 50,000 miles to requalify next year.
As always, make the right decision and don’t stretch your spending more than you otherwise would.
Tips on Redeeming American Airlines AAdvantage Miles
American Airlines miles can be super valuable especially if you know the right tricks for using them. You can check out some of my favorite tricks from my previous posts:
- American Airlines AAdvantage Off-Peak Award Chart
- How to Add Free One-Way Trips on American Airlines Awards
- From Caribbean in Winter + to Europe in Summer for 20,000 American Airlines miles TOTAL
- Search American Airlines Caribbean Award Space To Every Island At Once!
- Adding “Better Than Free” One-Ways on American Airlines: Fly to South America for 20,000 Miles All Year!
- Planning a Trip to Asia with American Airlines Miles: Part 1 of 2
- Planning a Trip to Asia with American Airlines Miles: Part 2 of 2
- How to Redeem American Airlines AAdvantage Miles on Cathay Pacific
- The Trick to Create American Airlines Off-Peak Award Pricing to the Middle East And Save 30,000 Miles