Hyatt Gold Passport just announced a pretty great fall promotion. After sitting out on the sidelines all summer, Hyatt has come through with an enticing offer of a progressively higher point bonus after every 5 nights. You can earn up to 50,000 bonus points if you stay 20 nights and that’s on top of any base points you earn for your stay. The promotion last from September 9 to November 30 and you must register by October 31 to be eligible. Registration will open September 9.
Registration link: Hyatt’s Discover New Possibilities Promotion.
Hyatt Gold Passport points can offer great value, especially when redeeming for high end properties. I recently redeemed 22,000 points a night at the Park Hyatt Milan when hotel rates were $650 a night on my trip to Italy a few weeks ago. My parents are staying at the Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée on their trip to the French Riviera.
In case it’s easier to think of how much you earn per incremental night so here’s the breakdown:
- Nights 1 — 5: 1,000 bonus points per night.
- Nights 6–10: 2,000 bonus points per night.
- Nights 11–15: 3,000 bonus points per night.
- Nights 16–20: 4,000 bonus points per night.
Remember, for each set of 5 nights, you only get the points after staying your fifth night. Nights are cumulative and do not need to be consecutive. That is, if you stay 1 night each in 5 different hotels, that still counts as 5 nights. If you stay all 20 nights, you end up getting 2,500 points per night.
Get More Benefits During Your Hyatt Stays!
For this promotion, only paid nights will count. Award nights do not. If you’re planning to go for the promotion, you may consider signing up for the Hyatt Diamond Challenge if you have a status in a competing hotel program that Hyatt will match. During the 60 day challenge period, you receive all Diamond benefits such as free breakfast, lounge access, free internet, a possible room upgrade and a 30% bonus on base points earned. If you stay 12 nights during the 60 day period, you get to keep the Diamond status until February 2015.
The Hyatt Diamond Challenge also comes with four confirmed suite upgrades. Each can be used on any Hyatt Gold Passport points eligible stay up to 7 nights. You can read about them and other ways to upgrade to suites on your Hyatt stays in my post: Don’t Pay For That Hyatt Suite! How To Get Free Suites and Upgrades.
MGM M Life Properties in Las Vegas Are Eligible
In addition, the Las Vegas properties from the new partnership between Hyatt Gold Passport and MGM M Life are also eligible for the promotion. If you’re heading to Vegas and staying in any of the following hotels, those stays do count towards the Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points for the promotion. Just make sure that if you do have Hyatt Platinum or Diamond status to match it to the corresponding status in MGM M Life to receive benefits during your stay.
- Mandalay Bay.
- THEhotel at Mandalay Bay.
- MGM Grand.
- The Signature at MGM Grand.
- The Mirage.
- Monte Carlo.
- New York-New York.
- Hyatt’s Discover New Possibilities Promotion is offering bonus points after every 5 nights between September 9, 2013 and November 30, 2013. The registration deadline is October 31.
- It is possible to earn up to 50,000 bonus points for 20 nights with the promotion. In addition, you can sign up for the Hyatt Diamond Challenge and earn Hyatt Diamond status after 12 nights within 60 days.
- Only paid nights count for the promotion and MGM M Life properties in Las Vegas are also eligible.