For the third time this year, the Marriott Rewards Megabonus Promotion is back! This time, it runs from Sep 15, 2013 to Jan 15, 2014. You can check your personal promotion offer by visiting the Marriott Rewards Megabonus offer page and logging in with your Marriott Rewards membership number.
My offer was for a free Category 1–5 certificate after every two paid stays up to a total of two free nights. They define a stay as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel.
- You must register with your account by November 15, 2013.
- The promotion is valid for paid nights and stays Sep 15, 2013 to Jan 15, 2013 (when the stay was booked is not relevant).
- Free night certificates are valid for a year after date of issue.
- Free night certificates are not transferable.
There are some other point offers that people have reported getting that are not as good as the promotion mentioned above. However, you can just call Marriott Rewards and ask to switch to the promotion that matches mine.
Last time, Natalya took advantage of the Megabonus promotion to earn two free Category 1–5 certificates. She will be using them at the Residence Inn Vancouver on her upcoming trip with Svetlana over Labor Day weekend. The hotel was $259 a night so she’ll be getting a value of over $500 from the promotion! In addition, she signed up for the Marriott Rewards Platinum Challenge and got Platinum benefits like free breakfast plus a 50% bonus on base points earned.
More Ways To Maximize The Promotion
In addition to the free night certificates, you’ll be earning base points on your paid stays. And, of course, here are a few more tips to maximize the Megabonus Promotion.
- Buy Marriott Rewards gift cards and use them to pay. There are many ways to earn bonuses by buying gift cards. Right now, you can earn 12 Southwest Rapid Rewards points per dollar spent on Marriott Rewards gift cards. You can also buy them at Staples either in the store or online to earn 5 points per dollar with the Chase Ink Bold or Chase Ink Plus card.
- Sign up for the Marriott Rewards Gold or Platinum Challenge. You will then get elite benefits like free breakfast, free internet, a possible room upgrade and a 50% bonus on points earned for your stays. You can read about how Natalya signed up for the challenge. Alternately, if you have at Premier Gold or higher status on United Airlines, you can match to Marriott Rewards Gold Status through the Marriott and United new partnership like I did.
- Redeem Barclaycard Arrival miles for your paid stay. Even when there’s a great promotion, we still love getting free stays! When you redeem Barclaycard Arrival miles, they are the same as cash and count as a paid stay. It’s a great way to avoid having to choose between redeeming points for free hotel stays and taking advantage of promotions!
- The Marriott Rewards Megabonus will run for paid stays from Sep 15, 2013 to Jan 15, 2014 and requires registration by Nov 15.
- You can earn a free Category 1–5 certificate good for a year after every two paid stays at Marriott properties, up to two free nights total.
- You can check your promotion details on the Marriott Rewards Megabonus offer page and simply call Marriott Rewards to switch to the promotion that offers the free night certificates.
Like this post? Why not join 500+ readers who subscribe to blog posts by email? Enter your email address below to subscribe and never miss another update or great miles deal. You can also follow us on Facebook or Twitter.