Svetlana, Natalya and I now all have Hilton HHonors Gold status! We each used a different method to get it. The standard way to get Hilton Gold status is to complete 16 stays of 36 nights, but none of us actually did this. Natalya completed four stays through a promotion for fast track to Gold. Svetlana got Gold status instantaneously through another promotion. I got it by signing up for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card.
Hilton Gold benefits have some nice perks that will be useful to us later on.
Gold Status Benefits
- Free in room wireless internet access.
- Free continental breakfast except at Waldorf Astoria Properties.
- A space available upgrade to the executive floor or the next best available room type as well as access to the executive floor lounge when upgraded to that particular floor.
- Earn extra 2.5 points per dollar spent on paid stays.
- Complimentary access to Fitness Centers/Health Clubs.
Another side benefit: Hyatt Gold Passport will match you to the Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond challenge for 60 days. Natalya got the Hyatt Diamond Match and enjoyed a nice stay at the Hyatt Regency Monterey with breakfast, lounge access and spa.
We are staying at Conrad Centennial Singapore and Conrad Tokyo on our trip to Asia in December with miles. Free internet, breakfast and a possible upgrade will certainly be nice! And all three of us will have Gold status then!
I now present to you our three different tried and tested paths to Hilton HHonors Gold status.
1. Miss Kamchatka: Fast Track Gold Status After Four Stays
Natalya is the only one of us who actually completed any stays for her Hilton Gold status. Luckily, she travels for work and got Gold status after only four stays. She registered for the four-stay Hilton Gold status promotion and, after she completed those stays, she was Gold!
2. Samba for Miles: Instant Gold Status
Svetlana’s Hilton HHonors Gold status came the quickest and easiest. No stays, no cards. She followed the instructions given by MilesQuest and got Gold status instantaneously. He explains a workaround where you use a Visa Infinity Card promotion (you don’t need a Visa Infinity Card) and input an Australian address (you don’t need to live in Australia either) to get the Gold status.
3. The Miles Professor: Gold Status through Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card
I did not complete any stays either. I received my Gold Status by signing up for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card, which gives Gold status to all card members as long as they hold the card.
The card comes with two Hilton weekend night certificates after spending $2,500 within 4 months of account opening and an additional weekend night certificate for spending $10,000 total within a single year. The certificates are good for all Category 1-10 Hilton properties, including Waldorf Astoria, as long as you can find standard room award availability. They can be used at Conrad Koh Samui, Conrad Tokyo, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, Hilton Bora Bora Nui and all kinds of expensive properties.
The Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card also has no foreign transaction fees, earns 10 points per dollar on Hilton hotel spending, 5 points per dollar on airline and car rental and 3 points per dollar on all other purchases.
So which of these ways are you going to use to get Hilton HHonors Gold status?
Other posts you may like:
- The State of Hilton AXON Awards: How to Guarantee AXON Rates at Category 7 Hotels for the Next Year
- Priceline Hotel Bidding: Trick to Find out the Secret Lowest Price Without Paying
- For more hotel deals and strategies, head over to my Hotel Tips and Tricks page